Filter bag thingy... for stocks.


Cookware 1

Filter bag thingy... for stocks.

Collin81 | Sep 14, 2011 11:11 AM

About a year ago, I ran across a filter bag that you could strain a stock through and it would clarify the stock to almost Consomme-level clarity. It seems like this was called a "magic bag" or something along those lines, but, for the life of me, I can't seem to find it again. There was a French company that was selling them specifically for cooking (at premium pricing, of course), but I also thought you could find them as simply industrial filters, too.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? For that matter, has anyone here used them before?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound