Had the Restaurant Week lunch today at the Federalist. Perfect service and atmosphere, and I was impressed that they didn't skrimp on using premium ingredients in the special menu. Enjoyed the meal immensely.
Here were the menu choices (not sure if they'll be changing over the course of the week though.) Pardon the simplistic descriptions.
- Clam chowder with oysters
- Salad with fresh goat cheese
- Gazpacho with fresh lobster
- Grilled steak w/potatoes and wine reduction (huge portion,nice crust on the steak, and beautiful sauce and glaze)
- Scallops & mussels in light broth (subtle herb flavors, excellent and tender scallops but only 2 of them!)
- Roast chicken (looked good)
- Chocolate "flight" (3 chocolate desserts -- a chocolate ice cream with cherries, a confection made of white chocolate, grand marnier etc., and a dark chocolate cake)
- Trio of fruit sorbets.
by Jen Wheeler | I love learning about the genesis of odd food names (and words in general), so the recent revelation...
by David Watsky | Staying in is the new going out—at least for now—and we've some fun ideas for making the most of your...