What are your favorite Restaurants in Anchorage, Alaska and why?
1) Marx Brothers: Not the cafe in the Museum, but the little house on the bluff. Intimate and experimental. I still have wonderful memories of their seafood pate. But the best stand-by is the Caesar salad.
2) Crows Nest: Excellent bar and a staff that is willing to accommodate. The views of the Inlet are unmatched. The tasting menu is the way to go.
3) Sacks: Consistent with the fresh ingredients combined into original Pan-Pacific cuisine a la Alaska.
4) Bear Tooth: They know how to combine hot-spicy with hot-spicy with their Anchillo brownie with homemade cinnamon ice cream. Modern Mexican American cuisine served with delightful margaritas.
5) Villa-nova: It has a loyal clientele that revels in the fact that tourists don’t drop in because it is in a strip mall. But man-oh-man the service is professional and the food is too. I love all their pasta dishes.
by Alexis deBoschnek | This play on Italian puttanesca will inevitably become your easy, one-pot weeknight staple. Gussy...
by David Watsky | Think you're a picky eater? Don't worry, even the best chefs in the world have foods they didn't always...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.