I was looking to find out what some of you think are the best places to forage for food in this fair city. I pretty much spend every Saturday early morning looking for the best, cheapest or most random things I can find. But I'm always looking for new mainstays, so please feel free to share your NYC secret spots. (Or not-so-secret anymore.)
Categories: Wine, Bread, Cheese, Normal Grocery, Produce, Spices, Butcher, Fishmonger, Outer-borough
1. Wine--The Wine Shop on Bedford in W'burg. Those guys know their stuff.
2. Bread--Good question. I like Amy's, I like the bakery on Metropolitan near my house. But I don't have a favorite.
3. Cheese--Bedford Cheese?
4. Grocery--Fairway, Harlem (but never on a weekend)
4. Produce--Lately, the Union Square Famers Market.
6.Outer Borough--Patel Bros. (Jackson Heights)
7. Butcher -- I don't have one!
8. Fishmonger -- Again, I am without!
Updated 11 months ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 40
Updated 11 months ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 4 months ago | 9