2 years ago, the wonderful Alexander Lobrano penned an article... His favorite spots in Paris for "culinary essentials" that are closely identified with Paris. I thought that it might be great fun and highly informative for those in this forum to offer their up-to-date thoughts on some of the more iconic categories... Below reflects, IMHO, the dishes that I would identify as my first choices for "Parisian culinary happiness."... Alex Lobrano's suggestions are in parenthesis.
- Steak: (Le Severo and La Table de Hugo Desnoyer)
- Cassoulet: (Auberge Pyrenees Cevennes)
- Coq au Vin: (A la Biche au Bois)
- Aligot: (Ambassade d'Auvergne)
- Croque Monsieur: (Café Trama)
- Beef Bourguignon: (Josephine Chez Dumont)
- Sole Muniere: (Le Duc)
- Blanquette de Veau: (Au Petit Tonneau)
There were lots more; but this might be a great start.