8 PlacesExpand Map
2 years ago, the wonderful Alexander Lobrano penned an article... His favorite spots in Paris for "culinary essentials" that are closely identified with Paris. I thought that it might be great fun and highly informative for those in this forum to offer their up-to-date thoughts on some of the more iconic categories... Below reflects, IMHO, the dishes that I would identify as my first choices for "Parisian culinary happiness."... Alex Lobrano's suggestions are in parenthesis.
- Steak: (Le Severo and La Table de Hugo Desnoyer)
- Cassoulet: (Auberge Pyrenees Cevennes)
- Coq au Vin: (A la Biche au Bois)
- Aligot: (Ambassade d'Auvergne)
- Croque Monsieur: (Café Trama)
- Beef Bourguignon: (Josephine Chez Dumont)
- Sole Muniere: (Le Duc)
- Blanquette de Veau: (Au Petit Tonneau)
There were lots more; but this might be a great start.
by Hana Asbrink | My latest haul. Welcome to Chow...
by Dan Koday | You ever notice how a great marinade can instantly elevate what otherwise would end up as a pretty...
by Eric Silverstein | By Eric Silverstein Chef Eric Silverstein is the founder and owner of The Peached Tortilla in Austin...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.