Would appreciate recommendations for a leisurely weekend in Montreal in late Feb - we're staying around Sq.Phillips. We're from Toronto so we're looking for Montreal specific foodie must-tries. We will actually have a kitchenette so are looking to do a mix of cooking and eating out (on a budget). We have a car so distance is not necessarily an issue.
We are looking specifically for for a few things - I've perused the boards already - so further commentary on these picks would be much appreciated!
1) Farmer's Markets: Jean-Talon Market - and specific must-tries there?
2) Affordable gourmet: Lemac (after 10pm)
3) Comfy-modern bar (for beer): I'm a devoted fan of blanche de chambly
3) Dessert: Juliette Et Chocolat
4) Other must-try food items?
Poutine: I'd love a good poutine. One of the best we have in the city of Toronto is Jamie Kennedy's upscale version with pulled pork and fresh, waxy, slightly melty cheese curds. I'm talking about some good old fashioned calorie laden poutine!
Bagels: St. Viateur we like
Smoked meats: Schwartz we like
Any other local must tries?
Thanks in advance.