50 SuggestionsExpand Map
Doing some research for a trip driving down Highway 1 from SFO to LAX. Need to fill in a few gaps with dining suggestions for our itinerary below. We are a family of four with two adventurous kids. Coming from central Canada am especially interested in options we don't have like fresh seafood and good Mexican food. Looking for reasonably-priced restaurants (i.e., not fine dining) but tasty food!
SANTA CRUZ (driving from SFO to PG)
- lunch stop - intrigued by lunch at Pono Hawaiian (cannot find poke here!)
- stop for fried artichoke at the Choke Coach in Castroville
PACIFIC GROVE/MONTEREY (2 nights)
- need a lunch spot after our visit to the Monterey Aquarium - can't decide between Schooner's Coastal Kitchen/Sea Harvest/Monterey's Fish House.
- already picked Pepper's in PG for dinner
- one other dinner thinking about the Monterey Farmer's Market (Tuesday evenings from 4-7?)
- looking for a picnic lunch to bring to Pt. Lobos park - does Earthbound Farm sell prepared foods?
CAMBRIA (2 nights)
- need 2 dinner spots (staying at Moonstone Landing) - any suggestions? Indigo Moon? Or take out from somewhere? Kids are a bit impatient so didn't want something with a long wait (like Sea Chest)
- planning on lunch at Sebastien's after visting Hearst Castle
SANTA BARBARA (2 nights)
- need 1 lunch spot and two dinner spots
- Is La Super Rica worth it or overated? What about Cajun Kitchen Cafe near Courthouse for lunch? No idea for dinner.. SB seems very pricey.
Thanks in advance!
by Chowhound Editors | Update, July 17: Amazon's Prime Day sale has officially ended. Some of the deals below are still live...
by Joey Skladany | Prime Day, Amazon's version of Black Friday, has officially arrived and the number of sales is more...
by Grace Gonzalez | Macy’s is the newest retailer to begin offering crazy summer discounts, introducing its new promotion...
by David Watsky | The sous vide method hit the mainstream a few years ago but if you haven't had a chance to try out...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.