I have been following a few threads here with great interest.
We will be travelling to Chicago this summer for our son's birthday celebration and spending 6 days. It will be our first visit.
My daughter (16) is limited in that she does not eat red meat, shellfish or most fish in general (she will have salmon very rarely). She does well with chicken, pastas, vegetarian dishes and salads. This is why we do very well at Italian restaurants in general.
Through these most recent posts, I have created a list of places that interest me as follows:
Mindy's Hot Chocolate;
Anteprima or Azzurra (anyone have feedback about the latter?);
Beatrix (for daughter);
Pastoral (for picnic-in-the-park sandwiches);
I have a few questions:
1. Is there a dud on my list or a must-do, in your opinion?
2. The birthday boy loves a good bouillabaisse or zuppa de pesce - any good ideas for this?
3. He also loves basic sushi - spicy salmon rolls, spider rolls, etc. Any good place for mainstream sushi downtown?
4. I am overwhelmed with Sunday brunch options - are there some places that accept reservations that are awesome?
5. We would like to find a great steakhouse (daughter can have salads and chicken). Gibson's? Michael Jordan's (son would like this I am sure) or Chop House?
Thanks so much! You Chicago chowhounds are so helpful to visitors!