35 SuggestionsExpand Map
I will be in San Francisco for about five days in late August and need to do a lot of eating.
I'm really at a loss as to where to start because I've never been on a food-focused visit to SF, though I've been here before.
I guess I'll make a list of categories we need to hit and we can go from there:
- izakaya and/or sushi (key priority, could do multiple of them)
- craft beer with strong food focus (gastro pub? can do multiple strong beer locations)
- Spanish (Bocadillos looks like an early strong candidate?)
- seafood/shellfish (again, can do multiple - looks like Swan Oyster Depot could be a frontrunner?)
- California-focused cuisine
- contemporary/upscale tavern/market food
- farmers market/outdoor food market/seafood market (hopefully todo some of our own cooking, maybe)
Anything with lots of raw proteins -- beef, tuna etc -- move to front of the line!
If you could incorporate any of these categories into the area of the Giants ballpark that'd be great.
Go crazy... appreciate your help in advance!
by David Watsky | Amazon has announced its list of best food and cookbooks of the year...so far, as chosen by their...
by Marisa Olsen | Instant Pots are a fabulous invention. They make that everlasting “What should I make for dinner...
by Jen Wheeler, Christine Gallary, and Amy Wisniewski | Next to a hearty grilled cheeseburger, steak, or rack of ribs, leafy green salads can feel too dainty...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.