I will be in San Francisco for about five days in late August and need to do a lot of eating.
I'm really at a loss as to where to start because I've never been on a food-focused visit to SF, though I've been here before.
I guess I'll make a list of categories we need to hit and we can go from there:
- izakaya and/or sushi (key priority, could do multiple of them)
- craft beer with strong food focus (gastro pub? can do multiple strong beer locations)
- Spanish (Bocadillos looks like an early strong candidate?)
- seafood/shellfish (again, can do multiple - looks like Swan Oyster Depot could be a frontrunner?)
- California-focused cuisine
- contemporary/upscale tavern/market food
- farmers market/outdoor food market/seafood market (hopefully todo some of our own cooking, maybe)
Anything with lots of raw proteins -- beef, tuna etc -- move to front of the line!
If you could incorporate any of these categories into the area of the Giants ballpark that'd be great.
Go crazy... appreciate your help in advance!