We have an induction stove top in an apartment we have rented out. The tenant contacted us today to say that this morning, after 30 seconds of use, there was an explosion and a flash of lightening under the ceramic surface, which tripped the electricity in the apartment. The tenants restored the electricity, but - of course - induction hob no longer works.
What on earth could have caused an explosion and flash of light? The ceramic surface was not damaged and I'm wondering what the tenants might have been doing when this happened? Has anyone experienced something like this?
by Greg Stegeman | Barbecue sauce is a blanket term that doesn't necessarily do justice to all the regional styles of...
by Joey Skladany | As a self-proclaimed sauce connoisseur and fan of barbecue varieties specifically, I was more than...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.