My husband and I have been given a voucher to a vineyard tour + lunch at one of 6 vineyards in England. None of the options look very promising, but I was wondering if any Chowhounders have experience of any of these vineyards. On the whole, we'd rather have a good lunch and beautiful surroundings and aren't too fussed about the quality of the wine.
Alternatively, if you are familiar with one of these areas, think it'll make a pretty day out from London, and can recommend a good lunch spot, we are quite happy to get the vineyard tour and go elsewhere for lunch. We don't drive, but are happy to cab it from the nearest train station.
- Chilford Hall, Cambridge
- Old Walls Vineyard, Bishopsteighnton, Devon
- Carr Taylor Wines, Hastings, East Sussex
- Wroxeter Roman Vineyard, Shrewsbury
- Shawsgate Vineyard, Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Bookers Vineyard, Bolney, West Sussex
A long shot, I know, but any help would be much appreciated!