Will be visiting LA area for a few days(based in Santa Monica) and looking for advice. The big catch: has to be suitable for 2 young boys, ages 6 and 9. Thinking of our plans, a couple of specific questions:
1) dinner recommendation either in Santa Monica or close to the Getty Museum
2) best bet for Dim Sum (will travel anywhere for good dim sum!)
3) some good Mexican restaurants, either in Santa Monica or maybe in Long Beach
4) comments on Canter's for lunch or breakfast
5) comments on the Farmer's Market (for lunch). I'm a big fan of the Reading Terminal Market in Philly and wonder if this is similar.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Hope to return the favor for any chowhounds headed to Boston and North!