My wife and I love cutting edge Italian food. Not only great taste but creativity and looks.
We leave next month for two weeks starting in Milan and working our way through Emila
Romana and up to Lake Garda. We would appreciate comments so far on the following possible choices and any other places we might love. Price is not a big issue but would like to keep meals under $400 a night (including a good bottle of wine and tips)
1. Milan -- Ristorante alla Scala , Craco or Giacomo Bistro
2. Mantua -- L Aquilla Nigra (the Black Eagle)
3. Parma -- Parrizi or Riva
(nearby -- Da Ivan)
4. Bolgna -- Bitone, I Portice, Pappagallo, Marco Fagio Bistrot
5 Imola -- San Domenico
6. Ferrara -- Zafferano or L Orca Givliua or La Providenza
7. Verona -- Arche, Il Desco,
8. Ravena -- La Gardela
9. Lake Garda (depending on where we stay -- San Viglio, Villa del Sogno, or Grand Hotel
Villa Floraliso , La Rucola or ?
We have been to Italy 7 or 8 times before but have liitle experience in this area