Coming to DC in November for a one-night stayover to do research at the LOC. The last time I stayed at a hotel north of the Mall and a few blocks from Jaleo. I loved Jaleo -- it was easy for a person alone, I like spiced foods, and I particularly like offal. I'd love a similar kind of place. So if anyone has ideas for a good restaurant that meets the following criteria, it would be great:
1. walking distance to LOC;
2. walking distance to Union Station (I am a big walker so something between or near either the LOC or Union is fine);
3. not resistant to the solo diner;
4. ideally, should be well-lit enough for me to go over research notes and work while munching dinner; it would be nice to have a decent by-the-glass wine list to sip wine while working;
5. could be like Jaleo but doesn't have to be. I like most cuisines;
6. BUT I am a carnivore and actually don't like meals that don't have meat in them. Offal would be a plus.
And advice on a decent hotel that would enable me to stroll to the restaurant and back would be great. The last one was two or 3 blocks west of Jaleo but I thought it (Embassy? Ambassador? I've repressed the memory) was a dump and I'd prefer something nicer.
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 2 years ago | 1
Updated 8 months ago | 59
Updated 2 years ago | 13
Updated 5 months ago | 12