I thought it might be fun for everyone to chime in with a list of their favorite restaurant dishes in New England. It could be an entree, an side, an appetizer, a sandwich, fine dining, fast food, a cocktail....whatever has really left you a lasting impression in the last year or so. I'll get things started with my list:
1. Burger at Joe Pizza in Canton, CT
2. Tuna Tartare appetizer at Olio in Groton, CT
3. The house pate and cured meats appetizer at Brix in Pittsfield, MA
4. The zuppa de pesce entree at Tony D's in New London, CT
5. The turkey club at Somewhere in Time in Mystic, CT
6. The sweet pea risotto appetizer at Mayflower Inn and Spa in Washington Depot, CT
7. The Osso Bucco at Mama Maria's in Boston
8. The garlic mashed potatoes at Fore Street in Portland, ME
9. Scallops with risotto entree at Amelia's in Simsbury, CT
10. The fried calamari appetizer at Elizabeth's in Tariffville, CT
11. Lobster roll at Allison's in Kennebunkport, ME
by Greg Stegeman | Barbecue sauce is a blanket term that doesn't necessarily do justice to all the regional styles of...
by Joey Skladany | As a self-proclaimed sauce connoisseur and fan of barbecue varieties specifically, I was more than...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.