1 SuggestionExpand Map
We had lunch at Chef Sheldon Simeon's Tin Roof yesterday and made the drive back to Kahului specifically to try it. We loved Star Noodle (and still go every trip), tried Migrant in Wailea (but were so frustrated by slow service and poor pacing), and are willing to follow Chef Simeon to subsequent restaurants because we enjoy his food and loved seeing him on Top Chef.
The tiny storefront was packed with over a dozen people standing in line and another 4-5 standing outside. I did not see any seating, but I read somewhere that there may be seating for 6. The 7 of us ended up eating in the car. That worked out better because there were signs all over Tin Roof's windows and the front door apologizing for the lack of AC.
- Fish of the day, which was Seared Adobo Ahi Belly, Coconut glaze, sauteed long beans, roasted sweet potatoes, over your choice of rice (DH and BIL opted for brown rice)
- Pork Belly over rice (SIL had brown rice)
- Poke Bowl (also over rice, DD and I each ordered them and it was an ahi in sweet chili)
- Saimin (the restaurant staff was awesome about making sure there was no fish in this at all, as my youngest has a fish allergy)
- 2 orders of Mo' Banchan (tiny condiment containers of pickled cucumber)
- Beet box (for my vegan MIL)
- Cup of broth
I enjoyed my Poke bowl, and others found their dishes good (but not amazing!). Thus, the consensus was that its taste doesn't outweigh the inconvenience of driving back to Kahului and not having somewhere to sit down and eat. I'd consider returning for another meal on an arrival/departure day, but I don't think it's worth the long drive from South or West Maui.