Hello, your valued assistance is requested...
Good friends of mine are getting married in April and spending the next 3 days in the city since they can't do a full honeymoon until the summer. I've given them recommendations for the rest of their stay, but I'm still struggling to recommend the perfect place for their first dinner as a married couple. I've drawn on my favorites from when I was still in the city as well as recommendations from friends that still do and eat well, but still haven't found something perfect. Any and all recommendations are welcome!!!!
1) The Room: Intimate. A private table would obviously be best, but those are few and far between at a worthwhile venue. Leaning towards small rooms like Felidia's vs. a big space like Gotham. But also want the space between tables that you'd find at the larger tables at Le Bernardin. No chance of obnoxious neighbors ruining the experience.
2) Service: Probably at the top of the list with food. Somewhere that will take special, attentive care of them when they tell them the occasion.
3) Food: Prefer a chef who is creative with choices and ingredients. Ideally looking for a high-quality tasting menu so that they can be sure to luxuriate in a long meal. They say no classical french, I say any cuisine is fair game.
4) Wine: Not a huge priority. A good wine pairing with the tasting menu would be best, but not necessary.
5) Setting: Obviously romantic. The views at River Cafe are a plus as would anything that is on a scenic side street or off of the park.
6) Price: Almost anything would be fine as long as they are getting value for the quality of the food. For that reason, I am concerned with somewhere like River Cafe since I am not overly impressed with the food. That being said, let's say a limit of $150/person.
7) Attire: Obviously they will be dressed up. Suit and tie and evening attire.
Sorry for the wordiness. With all the restaurants available, I just hope my blathering will help narrow down the potential choices. Thanks again for any and all recommendations!