. party of 8, 4 couples seeking something 'nice'
. i'm the only major chowhound of the group hence i'm left in charge w/ restaurant selection.
. should be around WeHo/west side.
. looking for french/new american/fusiony foods
. don't want to exceed $90/head
recently, been to : la cachette, matsuhisa, cafe hiro, campanile, le petite bistro. not so recently, patina, dining room @ the ritz OC, etc. i just got the group together as of saturday and it seems like i'm way late in the game:
1) Valentino (booked up til 10) - too late
2) melisse ($125/head, available 9pm) - a wee bit out of my price range
3) water grill (wait listed)
4) little door (only taking party of 4 at earliest 10:15)
5) Spago ($85/head, available 9pm) - $85 for 3 course pre fixe seems darn expensive.... AND asking for full $85 deposit on CC. so i'm gonna be out $700 for 1 dinner. :eek:
6) Geoffrey's (completely sold out)
looks like i'm headed for spago. anyone have any other suggestions? i'm gonna tear my hair out soon :(