At Demarco's last night for dinner. Service probably could not have gotten much worse. Sat at the bar, because all tables were full.
1) Asked if I could be served a slice as an appetizer, instead of buying a whole pie. Server went to check. Came back and told me that while I would be able to order a slice, one would not be ready for 30 minutes, but if I ordered one of their signature pies, it would be ready much sooner. Don't patronize me like that please. I'm not stupid. I know that new pies if not ready are coming out all the time. If you don't want to serve slices in the dining room at the bar then say that, but don't insult my intelligence.
2) Special was gnochetti. Asked the server what the difference was b/w that and gnocchi. Took five minutes for him to come back with the answer. Then, he could not even pronounce the name of the dish. Said, "that special, I can't pronounce the name..."
3) Ordered a bottle of wine. No formal presentation at first. Waitress attempted four times to open the bottle, spraying cork all over the place. This being right in front of us. Thankfully, someone else came, and got a new bottle and opened it. We were also given three types of wine glasses, before they could decide on which one was for red wine. Wine was never refilled by the staff, nor were we offered water.
4) There was only one other couple sitting at the bar. This did not stop the waiter from bringing our food to them first.
5) Bread came with the entrees.
For all that, the food was not bad.