Amazing thing you can do with delicata squash:
- oven to 375
- cut the delicata into 1.5cm-thick rings
- scoop out the pulp-seeds from the rings
- put them in a baking dish , well-tossed w/ salt and olive oil
- put the dish on the top rack in the oven for 8-10 minutes, til the squash rings are golden-brown on the bottom
- flip the rings onto the other side and bake another 8-10 minutes til that side browns as well.
That's it. It's simple but ridiculously delicious. The rings come out crisp and delicate on the outside (you can eat the skin), buttery on the inside. Too good. That's Hardib's recipe (from the Bradley Farms stand at Grand Army Greenmarket. Ray Bradley's delicata squash are - for some reason - even better than the ones at the Coop).