I'm from Toronto Canada. It's a great city with a restaurant scene that reflects it's diversity (asian, greek, italian, indian, caribbean, persian...). Although, it is weak or non-existant in the following.
Let me know what you think of these choices:
1) Soul food: Sweet Georgia Brown, Vern's Place, DC's Cafe
2) Southern (not sure how/if to differentiate from soul food): Bubba's Cooks Country, Dixie House, The Mecca
3) BBQ: Sonny Bryan's (Inwood Rd)
4) Southwestern: Blue Mesa Grill, Stephan Pyles
5) Tex-mex: Herrera's, Mariano's Hacienda, Matt's Rancho Martinez, Mia's, Taco Diner
6) Mex-mex: Ciudad, Javier's Gourmet, La Calle Doce, Monica's Aca y Alla, Nuevo Leon, Veracruz, Via Real
7) Cajun: Dodie's, Pappadeaux
8) Steakhouse: Bob's, Chamberlain's, Del Frisco's, Nick and Sam's, Pal, Pappas Bros, YO Ranch
I don't plant to eat at all of these places! Just looking for the best in each category.
Thanks so much for the help.