The dad is coming to visit. And I'm in charge of dinner reservations.
He's one of those people who says "anywhere is fine," but there are a whole bag of things that would actually not be OK.
I'm looking for:
- someplace with $20-35ish mains
- probably a continental-ish menu, although a slight twist would be OK (nothing Asian will fly)
- nothing that feels too "fancy"
- but still somewhere nice where we can stretch dinner into a couple of hours
- tables not too close together
- walking distance from the TTC, preferably the Bloor line or the Yonge line south of Bloor
He has liked Latitude (used to be on Harbord), Allen's on the Danforth, Focaccia.
I was thinking perhaps 93 Harbord (probably as much "weird" factor as he can handle), Tutti Matti, or Beerbistro (although it might be too loud)?