General Discussion

a cut of meat called a "spider"?


General Discussion 4

a cut of meat called a "spider"?

magnolia | Jan 25, 2002 06:52 AM

A friend ate at a French restaurant, and the chef said that he had imported a special cut of meat (beef I think) not available in the UK, known as a "spider". Doesn't sound very appetising, and I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this? Wonder if friend may have misunderstood the chef due to accent, or whether 'spider' was an incorrect translation of the French word for whatever the cut of meat is.

The only thing I can think of - and it's a stretch - is that there is some cut of meat wherein the marbling resembles a spider or a web, but that's really a stretch...

Any insight from you meat-eaters, you?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound