I plaaned a summer culinary tour between Boston and Acadia (Bar Harbor) for 2nights/3days.
I know the time is not enought to go through every must-eat places and the opinions on a place is very subjective. But, I still need your(expert's) recommendation to go to the right place. As you notice, geographical area is pretty wide and I can go wherever if one place provies the best dish in the region.
Here are some categories I would like to hear.
1. (steamed)Lobster: Thurston's and Trenton bridge (Acadia area)
2. Lobster roll: Red's (Wiscasset)
3. (Fried) Clam: Essex Seafood (Essex), Clam Box (ipswich)
4. Clam/lobster/scallop/seafood chowder (or stew): none fond so far.
5. other seafood (scallop, mussel, shrimp, etc.): none found so far.
6. if there are other dishes I should not miss in the route, please let me know the place(s).
Please give your advice on "the best" place in each category. I appreciate your help in advance.