I have friends from Ohio coming for a week. I'd like some suggestions about what you all would consider your top 5 or 6 dining recommendations in Birmingham (or within a 45 minute radius from downtown). They're originally from the Boston area, so I don't think I'm going to even try taking them anywhere for seafood.
Another important qualification: Neither I nor my friends are particularly interested in anything too hoity-toity or expensive, so skip Highlands and its ilk. Sorry if that's weird.
I'll just tell you a few that reflect what I have in mind...please feel free to upvote/downvote:
1. BBQ: Saw's in Homewood or Jim N Nicks.
2. Breakfast: OHOP
3. Thai: Surin 280
4. Southern Fried Chicken: Seafood and Chicken Box
5. Food "trip": Wright Dairy (Anniston)
6. One "nice" but not hoity toity meal: Gianmarco
7. Lunch: Brick and Tin or Max's Deli or Gordo's or Kool Korner
8. Tex-Mex: 2 Pesos vs. Cantina Superior
11. Chinese: Mr. Chen's
12. Pub food: Tavern at the Summit or Village Tavern
Please feel to add your favorites. I'd really love your help here. Thanks in advance.
Updated 5 months ago | 0
Updated 27 days ago | 0
Updated 6 months ago | 0
Updated 2 months ago | 0
Updated 1 month ago | 24