Hi everyone - first time poster here!
My husband and I will be in New York this May, spending 11 nights. We are avid travelers but this will be our first time in NYC. We are going to celebrate my 30th birthday, and also to celebrate accomplishing my goal of traveling to 30 countries (33!) before my 30th.
We had the idea to try to dine at restaurants representing each of the countries we have visited together. We've broken it down this way:
- Canada (we're Canadian)
- United States (Interested to see different suggestions for this!)
- Italy/Vatican City/San Marino
- St. Pierre & Miquelon/Martinique (France)
- St. Lucia/Grenada (Caribbean)
- Croatia/Bosnia and Herzegovina/Montenegro/Serbia/Macedonia/Albania/Bulgaria (We love Balkan food so we will try for at least two different restaurants)
Budget is moderate. I'd like to have a special meal on my actual birthday but otherwise we're not in a position to splurge on every meal. I'd like my birthday meal to be Italian as I'm of Italian heritage and Italy is my favourite place. Other options would be Greek, Turkish or Balkan.
We generally like neighbourhood, ethnic restaurants, down to earth places, we don't need anything to fancy but we love delicious food. Also looking for suggestions that would fall under bakeries and food trucks.
Really looking forward to your advice, thanks!