I want to make an amazing yummy gourmet mac-n-chz for one of my starchy sides for Thanksgiving. I want to make it in my crockpot, as my oven and stove will be otherwise occupied (I have no microwave). I found this yummy looking recipe online, but it's not adapted to do in a crockpot; any suggestions? Or do you have another recipe? Here's the recipe I have:
1 1-pound box large elbow macaroni
1 1-pound block New York extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
2 heaping tablespoons butter
2 beaten large eggs
1/8 to 1/4 cup milk or half-and-half
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 to 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
3) Cut cheddar and cream cheese into cubes.
4) To macaroni add butter, cheeses, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Mix well.
5) Pour into greased 9-by-13-inch pan.
6) Top with seasoned bread crumbs.
7) Bake 30 minutes.