2 of us plan to visit NOLA over Christmas. I've been there twice in the past but it's my friend's first time. We live in NYC and eat everything. We would like to concentrate on stuff that NOLA does well. Places that I've been to include Commander's Palace, Galatoires, Herbsaint, Brigtsen's, R'evolution, Coquette, Mr. B's Bistro, Casamento's, Parkway Bakery and Tavern, Cochon Butcher, Coop's Place & The Joint. I have some places lined up (including some repeats) and I hoping to get some advice on if they're still worth it and some help filling up the gaps, esp. Christmas day:
- Late dinner: We're scheduled to arrive there around 10 PM so I was thinking Coop's since it's open late. Should we go there or are there any other places that we can check out?
- Bars: <Need to fill this>
- Brunch: Commander's Palace
- Dinner: Clancy's (never been, looking forward to this)
- Bars: Arnaud's French 75 (missed Chris Hannah the first couple of time so hoping to go here this time around) & Revel (I liked Chris McMillian's drinks at Kingfish so thinking about checking his new place out)
Sunday: Since it's Christmas, this is proving to be extremely hard. I checked https://holiday.neworleansonline.com/... and made reservations at Borgne & Luke. Also tried Café Adelaide but it was full. Are the places that I picked worth going to?
- Lunch: Reservations at Borgne
- Dinner: Reservations at Luke
-Bars: I haven't checked yet but I'm guessing Sazerac Bar may be open.
- Lunch: Mr. B's Bistro - I remember loving their BBQ Shrimp so I wanted to go back. Is there any other place that does a better version that I should check out instead?
- Late afternoon before our flight: Maybe something from Domilise's/Johnny's/Cochon Butcher
- I've read a lot about Bacchanal. However, a lot of the reviews were for their outdoors area which is probably going to be closed/too cold this time of the year. Should we still try to check it out?
- For bars, I remember liking Cure. Is it still good? Latitude29/Cane and Table/any other new places that are a must go?
- Is Casamento's still the place to go to for Oysters?
- We'll probably check out Cafe du Monde/Cafe Beignet/Morning Call
- Anything else that I should add/remove from the above?
Thank you very much!