I am hosting a small group of colleagues for a potluck. The first person to reply to the invitation with a suggestion of a dish to bring happened to be Spanish and offered to bring Tortilla de Patatas. I thought it was really good and decided that the whole meal will be Spanish or as close as we non-Spanish people could make it. Here is my take on the menu:
- roasted fresh figs topped with Cabrales cheese if I can find it or other, more common blue cheese
- gin and shrub, tbd
- chicken pastilla (Honey & Co)
- tortilla de patatas
- Catalan grilled vegetable salad (New Spanish Table)
Wine: Rioja or ?
- almond cake (New Spanish Table) or
- orange cake (Claudia Roden)
Thank you in advance for your advice and suggestions!
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Jen Wheeler | At Christmas time, there are cookies galore, but true dessert lovers still crave something more substantial...