Wow, how does this place stay in business?
Having never been to this "landmark", we figured it was about time.
Two of us ordered the ribeye, the other had the NY strip.. All were ordered med rare.
1. No char whatsoever. They looked as if they were cooked under a household broiler.
2. Ribeyes were as thin as a Western Sizzlin steak. Strip looked a bit thicker. In all fairness, I must say fillet looked to be a proper thickness as did the porterhouse for two.
3. I ordered mine without butter (in effort to avoid that stewed meat flavor that comes from sitting in buttery juices on a hot plate). It still tasted stewed. Additionally, it was barely rosy. As it sat on the hot plate, it became grey.
5. It was not tender.
4. Service was awful. Not only did our waiter serve, he was the bartender as well.
5. There were only two other occupied tables when we were seated, yet it took 10 minutes to get menus and a drink order taken. Another 10 to get the drinks.
I chose not to send my steak back, preferring to cut my losses and make a quick exit. I knew I would not return.
Oh, our guest opted for the ice cream pie for dessert. It should have come with a chisel instead of a spoon. Lol