BBQs & Grills

Covering an indoor gas grill?


Cookware 2

Covering an indoor gas grill?

djbpitt | Aug 25, 2007 05:30 AM

Dear Chowhounders, Outdoor grills and many stand-alone indoor ones have integrated covers, which are useful for covering thicker foods as needed during cooking. The indoor grill built into my range top doesn't have such a cover--and, for that matter, neither do the indoor grills I see in open restaurant kitchens. What is the indoor equivalent of covering an outdoor grill? Start or finish the food in the oven? Use foil or an inverted foil roasting pan (which might catch on fire in a flare-up)? Something else? Thanks, David

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound