The new Torvehallerne Maket on Fredriksborggade (near a Metro station) is a treasure trove of food stands for the foodie palette. Among my faves:
- Il Fornaio breads, Elvio Milleri is the maestro of flour. His agility with whole wheat is a not-to-be-missed special treat.
- The Coffee Collective has great coffee, and among the best croissants in town
- Keep your eyes open at 1 of the fish stands for the house-smoked scallops (really delicate)
- The tapas stand is sensational (I forget the name)
- a few crepe makers
- And there's a plethora of great chocolate & truffles to be had
- cheese and salumi galore