I’ve recently upgraded to a Bosch induction range from radiant electric and am looking for advice on building my cookware collection further. Most of my pots have been purchased at TJMaxx/Homesense or on clearance but I’m willing to invest to round out the collection now.
For context, my current induction capable cookware includes:
- 24cm Zwilling Sensation Skillet
- 26cm Staub Grill pan (Square) and ECI skillet
- 32 cm Silga Teknila/Ekologa Frankenpan with a very thick base and a waffle weave type surface. Ideal for searing, high heat capacity. Lid would fit 12.6” skillet
- 24cm Sauté pan - Le Creuset tri ply
- 24cm Ruffoni Vitruvius low casserole - very little info online about it, but it’s an excellent (copper?) disc bottom pan for curries etc.
- 12” Ruffoni Opus Prima 2 handle skillet triply - performance seems decent, but not sure about longevity. Will use mostly for stove to table dishes picked it up for a song
- 3.5qt all clad D5 Saucier
- 4.2qt round and 6.7 qt oval ECI cocottes - Le Creuset and Staub for braising, stews etc
- Basics like a 8qt stocker, non stick egg pan and 2qt saucepan
Cookware I’m considering:
- 11” or 12.5” skillet - something that can be a kitchen workhorse. Now with the new range, I have an 11” burner. Considering the Demeyere Proline, Zwilling Sensation or others...
- 11” rondeau - in place of a large sauté. I did find a Silga Ekologa/Teknika Frankenpan at TJMaxx recently for $80. It has a very thick base, wondering whether if it may be too thick and slow to respond? Is it worth keeping? Domed Lid fits 11” skillets.
- 2.5qt Saucier - looking for something to replace my copper Windsor - saw the Demeyere Atlantis for $170 USD. Is this worth grabbing?
- Stainless Dutch oven - considering a second piece for when I need something more even/ responsive than the ECI. Found an Atlantis 4qt for $200USD. The 5.5qt may be a better fit... not sure, but it would be a lot more expensive. Also considering the Prima Matera/ Mazzetti, but thinking the value isn’t there.
- Gratins - found a small oval (100USD) and a large round gratin with lids (150USD Ruffoni at TJMaxx- likely the historia decor line. Cant be used on the cooktop, but nice for table service. Strongly considering returning, but hesitating because they are so attractive...
I’ve converted prices to USD for comparisons sake, but I am in Canada, so some of the deals in the US may not apply across the border and shipping can be a factor too.
What would you do in my situation?