Home Cooking

cooking implement with no name?


Home Cooking 12

cooking implement with no name?

mark | Dec 12, 2005 12:24 PM

Im trying to locate a Christmas gift, but I cannot for the life of me find what Im looking for or determine what the name of the tool is. Frying strainer is about as close as I can get. Essentially a long handled implement youd use to scoop ravioli directly out of hot water or dumplings out of hot oil. Not a chinois. The scoop is flatish, circular. I see Lidia Bastianich using one all the time on her show. Would love to get one if only I knew what they were. Any ideas where to find one?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound