Please join us in cooking with your electric pressure cooker and posting about your experiences here. You can cook from any book or any recipe and any model or kind of pressure cooker, but please note the following in your post:
- NAME OF THE RECIPE (in caps, please!), a link to the recipe if you have it, page number if you'd like.
- Title and author of the cookbook (or other publication)
- The model and capacity of pressure cooker you used
- Which variation of the recipe you used, if applicable (for instance, if the recipe gives you options for natural release or quick release or whatever, please note which you tried)
- Any modifications you made to the recipe
- And, of course, your thoughts about the process and the outcome and what you might change next time.
Note: while we will inevitably end up discussing the merits of various cookbooks and authors, this thread isn't intended to be for asking for cookbook recommendations. Rather, this is intended to be a gathering place for a communal cooking effort, where we report back on our specific experiences with specific pressure cooker recipes.
Also, if you'd like to use this thread to report back on using your pressure cooker in one of its other modes (rice cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, etc.) please feel free to report back on that here, too.
And of course, although this thread is slanted towards electric press cookers, all are welcome to post their thoughts and share their results.
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Emily Payne | Hosting Thanksgiving dinner can be stressful even for seasoned experts. It’s a complex task that takes...
by Amy Schulman | Fall easily conjures up images of multi-colored leaves, flickering fireplaces, and warm scarves, but...
by Amy Schulman | Donal Skehan never expected to fall head first into the food world. The Irish chef—who boasts nearly...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.