Because the original thread has gotten exceedingly long, it's time to split it. Below are the guidelines TDQ set out, and a link back to Part 1.
Please join me in cooking with your electric pressure cooker and posting about your experiences here! Really, you can cook from any book or any recipe and any model of pressure cooker, but please note the following in your post:
- Name of the recipe (links are great), page number if you'd like. If you begin your post with the name of the recipe in caps it will make it easier for others to find.
- Title and author of the cookbook (or other publication)
- The model and capacity of pressure cooker you used
- Which variation of the recipe you used, if applicable(for instance, if the recipe gives you options for natural release or quick release or whatever, please note which you tried)
- Any modifications you made to the recipe
- And, of course, your thoughts about the process and the outcome and what you might change next time.
Note: while we will inevitably end up discussing the merits of various cookbooks and authors, this thread isn't intended to be for asking for cookbook recommendations. Rather, this is intended to be a gathering place for a communal cooking effort, where we report back on our specific experiences with specific pressure cooker recipes.
Also, if you'd like to use this thread to report back on using your pressure cooker in one of its other modes (rice cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, etc.) please feel free to report back on that here, too.
And of course, although this thread is slanted towards electric press cookers, all are welcome to post their thoughts and share their results.
Link to Part 1: http://www.chowhound.com/post/cooking...
Updated 2 days ago | 25
Updated 17 days ago | 1
Updated 2 hours ago | 142
Updated 2 months ago | 30
Updated 2 months ago | 1