Help needed to reduce cooking time for David Chang's Bo Ssam (recipe here: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12...). My schedule makes it hard for me to carve out time to have the oven on for 6 hours.
Anyone has any tips on how to improve these steps?
1. Marinate like normal, discard juices
2. Brown the pork in pressure cooker (I have an InstantPot with a browning option)
3. Set pressure cooker to high and cook for 70 minutes (no added juice, I'm going to assume there will be enough juice coming out from the pork)
4. Remove, dry. Cover with salt/brown sugar mixture and roast in the oven 10 -15 minutes until crusty(is this going to work for my pork?)
Some specific questions
- Do i need to add a little bit of liquid in the pressure cooker? If I do, would chicken stock or water work?
- Is the pressure cooking time enough? Is it going to be fork-tender?
- Is this going to yield a dry pork (sometimes my pulled pork come out dry). The oven roasted version is very juicy.
Thank you in advance for all your help and happy thanksgiving!