My partner and I will be visiting Portland for a conference the first week of September. All of our evenings are free except two, and we're hoping to check out several restaurants. We have a list from friends here in SF, and I was hoping for some local guidence. We are partial to adventurous cuisine, nothing too stuffy, nice decor, excellent service, good bar, etc. Last trip to Portland was two years ago. We ate at Bluehour, Wildwood, and a few other less memerable spots. Any opinions would be welcome on the following:
1. Gotham Restaurant (newest, lots of hype, we were told)
2. Carlyle (most like an SF restaurant, we were told)
3. Genoa (Long evening, but good food?)
4. Ripe (Family style not our thing, but told it was fun?)
5. Masu Sushi (both of us love good sushi) Is it anything like Blowfish in SF?