We will be in Hong Kong in late September (yes, I plan early!). I have been watching the board for the last few months, and have come up with the following plan. We are looking for a variety of food & experiences, willing to go to the higher end of the price scale for one or two meals, but prefer most in the US$150 range for dinners for 2. Prefer most meals at more casual than extreme high end of formality scale. Comments welcome!
Thanks to Charles and others who have already provided excellent information.
- take-out from Tim Ho Wan (arrive in HK early afternoon and going to Happy Valley Race
Course that evening, so want something before races)
- lunch - Jumbo Floating Restaurant in Aberdeen
- dinner - TBLS
- lunch - Tai O Heritage Hotel on Lantau Island (alternative: Po Lin Monastery)
- dinner - Yan Toh Heen in Intercontinental (want window table for view of light show)
- lunch - Tso Choi Koon in Kowloon (alternative: Tea at Peninsula - very different!)
- dinner - drinks at Busy Suzie then dinner at Din Tai Fung in TST for xiao long bao
- morning - dim sum at Maxim's Palace in City Hall
- lunch - Rainbow Seafood Restaurant on Lamma Island (alternative: Lambobme on Lamma)
- dinner - Spring Deer for Peking Duck