I finally tried Il Borgo. It's a small Italian restaurant in Hayes Valley. From Civic Center Bart it's a good 15 min walk here. I don't recommend walking on Fell St at night, pretty scary. Stick to Hayes St.
There were 5 people that went and these are the dishes we tried.
1. Antipasto misto $11.75 - mixed appetizer of artichoke hearts, olives, mozzarella & tomato. Just ok.
2. Carpaccio $9.75 - nice presentation. Meat was just ok and not that much of it. Some capers given.
3. Quattro Stagioni Pizza $12 - pretty good, though the toppings weren't spaced out, just plopped down such that 1 slice had all the olives, another all the mushrooms, another area all the prosciutto.
4. Fettuccine bolognese $11.50- just ok, noodles are al dente, meat sauce boring.
5. Lasagnetta $13.75 - my favorite dish. Like eating lasagna but rolled up.
6. Lobster ravioli $14.75 - about 6 pieces of ravioli, al dente. I thought it was ok.
7. Vitello al Marsala $20.75 - veal scaloppini w/ mushrooms in marsala wine sauce. I thought it was ok, veggies on the side mushy & salty, roasted potatoes were tasty.
8. tiramisu - just ok
9. Gelato - pretty good. Spumoni was good, raspberry sorbet fine, mango sorbet fine.
Joel brought his own Zinfindel wine bottle - corkage is $10.
Total w/ tax & tip was $160. Split 5 ways = $32 ea.
One unisex bathroom in the back.
500 Fell St, San Francisco, CA 94102