I have challenge for the DC Chowhounds! Hope you all can assist.
I'm treating my husband, kids and in-laws to a trip to DC to commemmorate my husband's service in the Army. I need to plan one more dinner for the group, which is more complicated than it seems. Here are the details:
- Our group has 8 people in total and the dinner will be on a Saturday night, so I really need a place that takes reservations.
- Due to budgetary restrictions, we also need something on the inexpensive side - entrees in the high teens or low 20s.
- Since we'll have young kids and my late-70s in-laws, we need something very close to a metro. Like a 5/10-ish minute walk? (We're staying near Union Station, which I know doesn't offer a lot of options)
- The kids are 2, 6, 15 and 18. They're all well-behaved and adventurous eaters. But I'd like a place where the mere sight of children won't anger the other patrons. ;)
- We've taken the older kids to DC a few times, and have been to Etete (our favorite), Oyamel, Pizzeria Paradiso, Zaytinya, the dim sum brunch at Cafe Atlantico and Matchbox.
- My in-laws are the opposite of adventurous eaters. So that eliminates a lot of options - Asian, Indian, Ethiopian, etc - that we'd normally consider.
- We already have reservations at Firefly for another evening. We're considering Toscana Cafe, but I've read that it's small and I'm not sure if they take reservations. I thought about Art and Soul and Johnny's Half Shell due to location but they're a bit out of our price range.
So, now that I've made it impossible....any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.