I am planning a two week trip to Guangzhou (with some day trips to Shenzen), and I would like to get recommendations on where to eat. I am NOT limiting myself to Cantonese cuisine; since I am not going anywhere else in China, I will have to rely on restaurants around Guangzhou to represent all of Chinese cuisine.
To make the thread as complete as possible, I'll quickly summarize what previous hounds have posted, then list some restaurants I have seen in travel books.
Does anyone have any opinions on any of these, or tips on restaurants not listed here?
- Xin Yun Lou (辛运楼) (also called "Lucky Fellow Restaurant" on their business cards, but good luck trying to find the place by that name) at 322 Ren Min Middle Road (人民中路), phone 8322-0738.
- row of small restaurants on Pan Fu Road (盘福路), just south of Yue Xiu Park (越秀公园).
- second floor of the International Financial Building (国际金融大厦), there is a large restaurant that is pricy but supposed to be good.
- Guangzhou restaurant 广州饭店 on Shang Xia Jiu Bu Xing Jie (上下九步行街) (pedestrian street), at the corner of Wen Chang Nan Lu (文昌南路)
- Mei Jing (美景) Restaurant on Ren Min Bei Lu (人民北路) across from the Liu Hua Park (流花公园)
- congee restaurant called Zhou MFEMF (粥城) ("Congee City")
- Lee Garden for lunch or dinner
- Ban Xi Restaurant next to Li Wan Hu Park (荔湾湖公园)
- Dong Jiang (东江) on YanJiang Lu (沿江路).
- Tao Heung Hotpot Seafood restaurant in the Landmark Hotel.
- bing sheng - sprawling local mid-range family restaurant chain, no reservations, get there early (5.30-6pm).
- yin ji - steamed rice paper rolls (chang fen of cheung fun in cantonese).
- the chinese resto at the white swan hotel
From Lonely Planet:
- Wuzhanji (corner of Longjin and Liwan Lu)
- Nanxin (47 Dishpu Lu)
- Chuanguo Yanyi (Nanfang Securities Building)
- Lucy's (3 Shamian Nanjie)
- Tao Tao Ju Restaurant (20 Dishpu Lu)
- 1920 Restaurant and Bar
- Panxi Restaurant (151 Longjin Xilu)
- Kohinoor (8 Lujing Lu)
- Bingsheng Restaurant (33 DongxiaoLu)
- Thai Zhen Cow & Bridge (54 Shamian Beijie)
- La Seine (33 Qingbo Lu)
From Eyewitness Travel Guide:
- Taotao Ju (Xiao Bei Lu 202)
- Taste of India
- Guangzhou Jiujia (Wenchang Nan Lu 2)
- Mao Jia Fandian (Beijing Nan Lu Da Xia 6/F)
- East River Seafood Restuarant (Dong Jiang Hai Xian Jiu Jia)
- Qiaomei Shijia (Shamian Nan Jie 52)
Any comments? Would love to hear specific dishes to order. I will be going with about 25 people.
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 2 months ago | 49
Updated 5 days ago | 97
Updated 2 months ago | 13