hey asheville hounds...
we're going to zambra's for new year's eve/our anniversary. dinner is a set menu, and we have a choice between 2 main courses. the 1st is "cabrales crusted beef tenderloin with a calvados apple brandy reduction and truffle whipped potatoes." the 2nd is "seared yellowfin tuna on a fennel and potato gratin with a tempranillo and cherry reduction." as i find nothing objectionable in either, i'm hoping someone with more experience at zambra's can tell me which they are likely to do better.
the whole menu, in case anyone is wondering, is as follows:
1) duck confit, poached pear & miticana cheese spring rolls w/ pistachio dipping sauce.
2) baby arugula salad w/ shaved wild radishes, crispy serrano oranges & idiazabal cheese.
3) pan-seared shrimp & scallops w/ lobster & butternut squash risotto, sturgeon caviar & tarragon mantequilla.
4) either beef tenderloin or yellowfin tuna from above.
5) flourless chocolate torte w/ white chocolate truffle & candied orange zest.