I have been reading this forum closely over the last few months while I have been planning a London vacation for me and my wife. We live in Chicago and really appreciate the restaurant scene there, the variety and quality is simply astounding. Some of our favorites: Everest, Alinea, Tru, Merlo on Maple, Trotters, Spiaggia, Coco Paza, MK and on and on...
So our challenge is to find really outstanding dining experiences in London - cost is not a concern but we also like to save a buck when we can and the exchange rate is certainly helping. Based on my research here and elsewhere this is the list I am considering:
- Galvin at Windows (we are staying at the Park Lane Hilton and thought this would be decent for a jet lagged meal)
- Greenwich day trip
- High Tea at the Connaught
- Christophers for dinner - Going to the ballet at the Royal Opera House that evening till 10pm and need a late night dining option and the concierge recommended this
- Amaya for dinner - Highly recommended by a close friend as some of the best Indian food in London
- Tom Aikens for lunch
- Maze for dinner
- Marcus Wareing for dinner
- Wild Honey for dinner
I think this is a pretty good sampling of what London has to offer but I'm up for suggestions. Maybe Sketch for lunch?