I'm looking for Central Florida-specific buffet restaurants. Not just all-you-can-eat or family Asian, either.
And just because a restaurant is named after Jimmy Buffet doesn't count . . .
My definition of a buffet is somewhat, uh -- flexible -- as you'll see from those I've tracked down so far.
Any that I've missed? Perhaps your favorite.
This is complicated by the fact that personally I cannot, for the most part, tolerate buffet-style dining of any kind.
In addition, many of my formative years were spent eating and regularly viewing what went on in the kitchen of Malcolm's Hungry Bear restaurant on Colonial Drive (next door to the old Dancing Waters restaurant).
Remember the famous "Mustgo Stew"? Should've gone yesterday, but must go today. The meatballs? The clam chowder, flavored by the single live clam who was tethered but allowed to swim, and sweat, in the pot to add clamflavor?
I'm confined to Orange , Seminole, Lake and Osceola County for this one.
I appreciate any additions (or comments) on these locations.
* La Coquina at Hyatt Grand Cypress
* Atlantis at Renaissance SeaWorld (not sure still doing Sunday buffet)
* Mission Inn Sunday Brunch (Howey-in-the-Hills)
* House Of Blues Gospel Brunch (Downtown Disney)
* Crazy Buffet, Altamonte
* Texas de Brazil, International Drive
* Chan's in Orlando for dim sum
* Disney Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom), Cape May (Yacht & Beach) and Boma @ Animal Kingdom Lodge
* Boston Lobster Feast, I-Drive
* Buddy Freddy's, several locations
* Holiday House, Lee Road
* Bill Wong's, I-Drive
I've listed Buddy Freddy's, and I want a national chain or two. Bob Evan's is on the short list, but I'm also looking at Barnhill's
I don't have a small family-run Asian buffet, and would solicit any such restaurants that Chowhounds have had good luck with on an ongoing basis. They need to be reasonably clean, serve fresh food that is frequently replenished, much of it Asian, and be inexpensive.
Thanks in advance for your help.