Hello fellow CHers,
My better half and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary later on this year. What I wanted to do was to fly out to somewhere in Europe and have a dining experience at a destination restaurant, so something not in big cities like Rome, Paris, etc. I suppose this should not be a place that requires reservations a year in advance, because our anniversary is coming up! Thank you all in advance for your help!
Edit: To help narrow the field, some criteria:
- Timing: Late November. Probably want to avoid places that are freezing cold.
- Geography: Anything in the Schengen area, avoiding major cities. Location should be beautiful (so seas, mountains, cute village in the hills, vineyards etc.)
- Price: $150 - $350 (without drinks) (I think price in general is a terrible filter, but hopefully this gives some indication as to the type of restaurant I am going for)
- Style: Lengthy tasting menu
- Food: Innovative, but without sacrificing flavor
- Service: Warmth over formality. Level of formality that is fine: Il Centro in Piedmont. Level of formality that is not fine: L'Arpege and the other temples in Paris. I am hoping that 3 Michelin starred restaurants outside Paris are not that insanely formal as those inside Paris...
Apologies if this is not narrow enough!
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Amy Sowder | From spicy stuffed poblanos to a bright watermelon salad, these are some of the best summer side dishes...
by David Watsky | Trader Joe's is one of our favorite places to discover food. Sometimes it's mashups like the Buffalo...
by Emily Cappiello | The infamous Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte will return on August 27 this year—and Dunkin' Donuts will...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.