Hi all, happy new year!
A friend living in the UK suggested we send each other treat boxes each quarter this year, with sweets and other treats native to our locale. I know they probably have a greater selection, and prefer British chocolate myself, but she'd like to get a taste of what Canadians like, and get hold of some things that are harder to find and overpriced in London.
I've started a list of the obvious, but was wondering if anyone had suggestions for easy-to-ship items that may not be readily available in the UK. Since we both have sweet tooths, I think the focus is candy and chocolate, and other snack items.
So far I have:
- potato chips(ketchup, dill and all-dressed, all of which I have been told are distinctly Canadian flavours)
- gourmet organic gummies by Squish (Montreal brand), which I've seen at the Bay downtown
- chocolate from Soma
- maple syrup candies (any suggestions on good ones appreciated)
- President's Choice products, including their decadent chocolate chip cookies
- Big Red gum (she likes Cinammon)
- Mr Big (apparently they get Coffee Crisp and Crispy Crunch)
- Laura Secord?
Any other ideas would be awesome, as I'm hoping to create a unique box each time around. Should be a fun side project this year!