I meant to post this a while ago and never got around to it.
I took the Calvin Trillin walking tour that he has been doing for a few years in conjunction with The New Yorker Festival. I thought folks would be interested in the stops along the way:
1. Salami and Wisconsin Cheese from Home, 20 Cornelia Street.
2. Green sandwich from a street vendor on the southwest corner of Forsyth and East Broadway. Those who follow Trillin's writings will be familiar with the "green sandwich," which basically is Chinese greens served on a hamburger roll for $1. When asked what's in it, Trillin's standard response is, "I like it too much; I don't want to know."
3. Sesame Pancake with Beef from Dumpling House, 118 Eldridge Street.
4. Fresh mozzarella from DiPalo Fine Foods, 206 Grand Street.
5. Live frogs (we just looked, we didn't eat) at Yat Sing Seafood Co., 135 Mott Street.
6. Fried Pork Dumplings (6 for $1!) from Fried Dumplings, 106 Mosco Street.
7. Rice Noodle Roll-ups from New South Wind Coffee Shop, 21 Division Street.
8. Dim Sum at 88 Palace, 88 East Broadway.