Cookware 12

Help! What is this thing called? (Tonkatsu holder / stand / grate thing)

tzakiel | May 6, 2012 12:45 PM

I can't find the name of this anywhere, and so it's very hard to find for sale, either. It holds the meat up off the plate so that it stays crispy.

I want to buy a set, because I'm cooking tonkatsu so much. It's always served this way in Japan. Anyone know the Japanese characters for this or have a link? I found them once on Amazon Japan, but I forget how... now I can't find it again.

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound