Fangejt | Jan 20, 201710:00 AM     37

Silly question - I know I heard the name before but I've forgotten. How do you call flour mixed into melted butter? I know the french have a term for it but I cannot find it anywhere. I don't mean roux of cource - the flour is cooked there, nor do I mean Beurre manié, where the butter is not melted. I use this to thicken my sauce for moules poullete or Billi-Bi because I don't enjoy the taste of roux. Thank you!

Want to stay up to date with this post? Sign Up Now ›

Recommended from Chowhound

See what's new!
View latest discussions ›